Friday, August 27, 2010

Ten - Spoonerisms and Doing Your Duty

Robin asked me if I am familiar with the term Spoonerism. At the moment, I couldn't recall the precise meaning, although it did ease my tears, er, tease my ears, as I recognized it as something akin to a Mondegreen. As I was pondering, she jogged my memory by launching into a tale about someone's FB post about Brad and Angelina's child, Shiloh Pitt. Someone followed up by asking if the parents might be unfamiliar with the term. Suddenly I was laughing out loud. The great part is she didn't have to explain the term, and my memory lapse made the joke funnier to me.

She also laughs along indulgently (more a chuckle than a guffaw) any time I announce "she said 'duty.' " And for that, my Robin is AWESOME!

CNN Announcer says "duty;" laughs ensue.

1 comment: